SATURN FIRE PIT
BOXHILL's Saturn Fire Pit with its spectacular ring feature in the night sky just like the planet. The fire pit ring is a great resting spot for a beverage or a foot rest as the embers glow under a full moon.
Our pieces are created using 1/4" mild carbon steel. The steel is sandblasted and taken down to bare steel and we then apply our "secret sauce" to help the piece mature and oxidize in a controlled fashion. When your piece arrives you will notice a dusty, powdery iron oxide patina or, rust. Upon the first fire the piece will start to mature and darken. Wood burning pieces mature faster with wood burning being rated at 900 degrees, gas fueled pieces don't mature as quickly as the gas fueled flame is rated at 200 degrees. The Liquid Propane and Natural Gas burning variants of the Saturn Fire Pit include a Penta 18" 125K BTU burner.
With each fire you will notice the change in the patina color. Do not tarp your fire pit, the tarp will cause the patina to blacken and stop the oxidation process. In many cases the color of the tarp will transfer to the new steel. During the maturing process keep wet leaves and debris off the piece until the steel matures. Allow the piece to mature with each fire. Sit back, relax and enjoy your new artwork of fire.
The Saturn ring can be customized with your family name, quote, poem or prayer.
This product is eligible for our Quick Ship Program. In-stock products will arrive within 1-2 weeks of order date!
- HPC Stainless Steel Burners With A Lifetime Warranty
- Available In Wood Burning, Natural Gas & Liquid Propane
- Powder coat Options Available For Natural Gas & Liquid Propane
- Iron Oxide Patina Option Is Available For Wood Burning
- Optional Spark Screen Available For Wood Burning
Included With Liquid Propane: Liquid Propane Conversion Kit contains:
- High Pressure LPG Regulator hose assembly w/ 48" stainless steel braided hose, 10PSI preset regulator, 3/8" flare swivel fitting
- 6' stainless steel hose extension
- Stainless steel hose connector
- Stainless steel hose to valve connector
Measurements & Materials:
Pan Size - 24" Diameter
Fire Pit Dimensions: Outer Diameter: 40"
Inner Diameter: 28"
Ring Width: 6"
Weight: 135 Lbs.
Materials: 1/4" Thick Mild Carbon Steel & Iron Oxide Finish